In 1941 the Nobili family from Milan acquired the property and then,
after only 11 years, sold it to the current owners.
After the Second World War, the village of Capiate grew rapidly with new
houses, industrial factories, roads and modern infrastructures, which
now surround on each side the ancient monuments.
The former buildings of the Monastery, the ancient Basilica and the
former Castle, do not exist anymore. Only few parts of them are still
visible for the careful visitor.
Knowing its history, this place can still tell us about the events of
the past, keep the memory alive and convey the local identity.
Capiate and the surrounding area can provide the appropriate climate to
perceive traditions and culture.
The modern landscape of Capiate in a winter sunset, taken from
the hill of Airuno